How to Choose an Equipment Leasing Company
When you are considering leasing equipment or furniture, we recommend that you shop around for your leasing company. Compare service, flexibility, processing time/hassles, and rates. Most importantly, how does the company "feel" that you are planning to do business with?
Things to Consider when Choosing a Leasing Company:
- Who are they? Are they working out of their home? Could you reach them during business hours? Did you get their voicemail and a return phone call 4 hours later?
- How long have they been around? Are they learning their way around the leasing industry at your expense? Many sources currently marketing on the Internet weren't even in business last year.
- Did they mail you a "Pre Approved" Lease Credit Card?
This is just a ridiculous gimmick. Don't fall for it. Would you extend credit in your business to someone you pulled out of a marketing list? Of course not. Why do business with sharks?
- What claims do they make? Does their Web page promise everything under the sun? If so, they are either overstating themselves or not really as big as they want you to think. Don't fall for it.
- Do they know what they are doing? We are seeing more and more transactions that have been mishandled by small lease brokers who have no idea what they are doing. In their rush to make a commission, they shotgun the deal to several super brokers who submit it to several underwriters. The result? A mountain of declines and ruined credit due to inquiries on your personal credit. BE CAREFUL
- Harris Leasing Company only partners with a select number of banks and private lenders that we believe follow the same lending principles and ethics as we have since 1969.
Is it the TRUTH?
Is it FAIR to all concerned?
Will it build GOODWILL and BETTER FRIENDSHIPS?
Will it be BENEFICIAL to all concerned?
Some of you may recognize this as The Rotary Four- Way Test, we work and live by this daily.
If you are in the market for equipment or furniture financing make sure you do your homework when choosing a leasing company. The small amount of time it takes to investigate is 100% worth it. At Harris Leasing Company, we have been in the leasing business since 1969 as an end funder and lease facilitator and have built a strong reputation. View some of our many client testimonials here.
At the Harris Leasing Company, we take the time to get to know you and your business needs regardless of your credit history or if you are just starting out. Our specialists will work with you to develop a custom finance program. Let's get started today! Simply call 713-783-7820 to speak with a representative OR start the application process here!